This Berry Puff Pastry Tart is the perfect patriotic flag dessert! It is so easy to make, especially when using frozen puff pastry dough. You’ll love the cheesecake filling making it a cheesecake tart. Thanks to Natasha Kravchuk.
- 8 1/2 oz puff pastry sheet thawed according to package instructions
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- While puff pastry thaws, preheat oven to 400˚F. Place thawed puff pastry sheet over a lightly floured sheet of parchment or silat and roll dough into a 10×12” rectangle.
- Transfer the dough and parchment paper to a baking sheet. Score the dough 1/2″ from the borders with a pizza cutter or a knife, making sure not to cut all the way through. The 1/2″ strips should still be attached and when baked, it will create a border.
- Using a fork, poke all around the bottom of the pastry (do not poke the 1/2″ border). Bake in the center of a preheated oven at 400˚F for about 20 minutes or until browned then remove and cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese with 2/3 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla until smooth and whipped (2 minutes on high speed). Spoon over the center of the cooled pastry and spread evenly (keep the border clean for a pretty presentation).
- Arrange berries over the top in a flag pattern and dust with powdered sugar if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Berries will keep well up to a day in the refrigerator.